Use the following to prepare for Thursday’s quiz- Quizlet and Power points.
Causes and Effects of the Great Depression in
Georgia in WWI
Below the quizlet- watch some of our 8th graders portray some of Georgia’s historical figures for Georgia Day!
Coastal Middle School Students Portray Famous Georgians
New South test is Thursday-for all classes. Please use the following power points from class to help you prepare.
new south 2014
African American leaders
Use the quizlet cards to help you prepare for the test:
Georgia Day is next Friday (Feb. 10th), don’t forget to bring in your permission slip tomorrow (Wednesday) if you haven’t already paid.
Wed. last day for field trip money for Ga. Day Parade-$15.00 cash only.
Complete graphic organizer review sheet-expect test on the “New South” Wednesday.
Work from Friday will be collected Tuesday-for a grade-so make sure it is complete.
If you are missing ANY work this 2nd half of the marking period (starting with the Siege of Savannah)-MAKE SURE you have it in to Ms. Eve by Wednesday, December 14th. That is the absolute last day any missing work will be accepted.
Questions?? See me immediately!
Be sure to check google classroom for tonight’s assignment on Worcester vs Georgia.
To help you prepare for the assessment tomorrow be able to respond to the following:
- Be able to explain what methods were used in spreading the Baptist and Methodist churches in Georgia and why were they located where they were.
- Which mode of transportation helped Georgia distribute goods across the state?
- Be able to explain how the University of Georgia was established and why.
- Be able to explain how the railroads were important in trade in Georgia during the 1800’s.
- What was the impact of the cotton gin on Georgia’s growth?
- Be able to explain the two methods of land distribution, give reasons why one method was fairer than the other.
- Identify two impacts of the Yazoo Land Fraud on Georgia and explain what they were.