If you are missing ANY work this 2nd half of the marking period (starting with the Siege of Savannah)-MAKE SURE you have it in to Ms. Eve by Wednesday, December 14th. That is the absolute last day any missing work will be accepted.
Questions?? See me immediately!
- Indian Removal Assessment Tuesday, December 6th
- Use the quizlets below to help you prepare.
- Power Point from class
- Indian Removal
Be sure to check google classroom for tonight’s assignment on Worcester vs Georgia.
To help you prepare for the assessment tomorrow be able to respond to the following:
- Be able to explain what methods were used in spreading the Baptist and Methodist churches in Georgia and why were they located where they were.
- Which mode of transportation helped Georgia distribute goods across the state?
- Be able to explain how the University of Georgia was established and why.
- Be able to explain how the railroads were important in trade in Georgia during the 1800’s.
- What was the impact of the cotton gin on Georgia’s growth?
- Be able to explain the two methods of land distribution, give reasons why one method was fairer than the other.
- Identify two impacts of the Yazoo Land Fraud on Georgia and explain what they were.
Above are the directions for the booklets we worked on in class today. If you did not finish use the information below to complete. Finish products are due on Monday.
On the back of your flip book respond in complete sentences to the following:
1. Which method of land distribution do you fell was the fairest and why?
2. Yazoo Land Fraud: respond in sentences to the following questions
a. What happened to Georgia as a result of the fraud? (punishment) hint 2 things
b. What did the government agree to do for Georgia as a result of the Yazoo Land Fraud?
also you should use the following pages in your textbook to help you complete this assignment.
Headright system: page 138
Yazoo land fraud: pages 139-140
Land lotteries: page 142
Make sure you complete any missing work-Progress reports go home on Monday. Complete pages 134 and 138 assignments.
Use this to help prepare for the assessment: